Read carefully before submitting.
Contest runs from June 12th- August 18th
- You must be wearing at least one We Love Colors product. It can be worn as is or used in any creative way.
- The costume submitted must be your costume. A photo of a model wearing your costume may be submitted, provided you have the model’s permission and proof that you created the costume. Exception made for children’s photos, which may be submitted by parent or guardian.
- Vulgar or inappropriate costumes will not be considered for the contest.
- Costumes/Photos that have already been submitted in past WLC contests may be submitted but will not be eligible to win.
- By submitting a photo, you agree to our Terms listed below.
- Best in show will be determined based on the scores given by the judges. Every category is eligible for this award.
- You may enter more than one costume per person, but will only be eligible to receive one award/prize.
- Groups entries are not limited in size, but every group member must be wearing at least one WLC Product.
- Group photos must be submitted by a single person. That person will be responsible for dividing any prizes won amongst group members. Groups are eligible for “Best in Show.”
- Any participant may be disqualified for failing to observe any of these rules. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- Please refrain from poor behavior and poor sportsmanship, we are all here to have fun!
- Judges may look to your costumes for accuracy. A visual reference is not required but may help the judges score you properly if they are not familiar enough with your character. Progress photos are also welcome.
- Prefabricated, store bought costumes can compete in the cosplay contest but keep in mind that this is a craftsmanship competition and the more you have made, the better your chances of winning will be. Prefabricated or commissioned costumes must be credited as such.
Winners will be selected with the following criteria:
- Use of Materials
- Attention to Detail
- Neatness/ Cleanliness of Costume
- Use of We Love Colors
1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners are selected by We Love Colors.
People’s Choice Award winners are selected by the most Likes on photo in our FaceBook album.
- Best in Show
- 1st Runner Up
- 2nd Runner Up
- Best Group
- Best Child’s Costume (12 and under)
- Judges Award (3)
- People’s Choice
- Best Wig/Hair
- Best Makeup
Submissions Open: JUNE 12th
Submissions Close: AUG. 12th, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern Time
Last day for Voting: AUG. 17th, 2017 at 12:00pm Eastern Time
Judging From AUG 12th-18th
Winners will be announced on August 18th, 2017
Terms and Conditions
This contest is open to anyone worldwide that is at least (18) years old at the time of entry, children can participate with the submission completed by their parent or guardian. Employees of We Love Colors, Inc. and other companies associated with this contest, or their immediate family / household members are not eligible. We Love Colors reserves the right to disallow anyone from contest participation for any or no reason.
This contest is sponsored by We Love Colors, Inc. located at 4980 NW 165th St, A11, Miami, FL 33014.
Additional sponsors will be announced on our social media.
Winners will be contacted by email they used to submit entry. All winners are selected by We Love Colors, with exception of the People’s Choice winners, and any sponsor specific category. Official contest final Like counts for People's Choice Award will be noted on each photo with a comment posted by We Love Colors closing at 12:00pm EST 8/17/2017. If we cannot reach you at the email provided with your submission within 15 days, we reserve the right choose a different winner. If People’s Choice winner cannot be reached at email provided then next most liked photo at that time will be deemed the winner.
By submitting a photo for a chance to win you grant We Love Colors and additional Sponsors the unrestricted right to use the photo for any purpose. Winners photos will be used for promoting the contest in future year’s contest, our website(s)/and social media accounts.
Any legal disputes will be handled by binding arbitration in the state of Florida.
How to enter:
Send a good quality photo of your costume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
1)Name & Nick Name
2)Name of the Character
3)What series they are from
4)Photographer that took your photo,their approval and social media if any.
5)We Love Colors Product you are wearing
6)If you have any special notes about your costume Include them. (i.e. “I hand sewed the wefts in my wig”, “I made my armor out of Paper mache”)We’ll be basing our judgements on photos AND work that went into your costumes. Any other information you think is important. Special materials or challenges, funny anecdotes. Don't be afraid to brag!
7)To prevent cheating, please send a picture of yourself without a costume- holding a sheet of paper saying "#WLCCosplayCon". We would like to avoid stolen photos.
Questions and Concerns can be emailed to:
Send Us your photos. Thank you so much! We Love Colors